June Review | From Overwhelmed to Organized: June Review

Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Review



It's been a busy month for this first full month of blogging!  Some of it has been a learning curve for me, but it's been exciting and fun to interact with you both in the comments on the blog and on Facebook.  If you haven't followed From Overwhelmed To Organized on Facebook yet, I would love for you to do that.  I think it's a great way to get to know each other better. 

Here's a quick recap of the month in case you missed any posts.



Most Read Post:

The most read post was Purging and Storing Leftover Paint.  It was pinned and repinned many times on Pinterest.   I really can't take credit for the idea since I was inspired by others who did similar things with their paint, but it was fun having so many people compliment my paint jars! 


Most Commented On Post:

This title also goes to Purging and Storing Leftover Paint.  I guess a lot of people are frustrated with all the space that empty paint jars take up and would love to reclaim that space for other purposes.  I got to check out a lot of other great blogs as a result of all the comments, which makes blogging even more fun for me.


My Favourite Post:
This is a tough one because I enjoyed so many, but I think my favourite was My Daughter Has Too Much Clothing!  It is so great to go into her dresser drawers and know where everything is and not have so many things crammed in.  Plus, I smile when I see the labels in the extra dresser.


Other Posts From This Month:

1.  Organizing My Greeting Cards

2.  My Daughter's Closet is Finally HER Closet

3.  Tips For Organizing Seasonal Items

4.  Organizing Gifts (Free Printable)

5. Organizing Our Summer

6.  Organizing Our Hall Closet

7.  Gifts In A Jar


Previous Months' Posts That Were Popular This Month:

1.  The Garage Clean Out Part 2 post was still well-read this month.  It was also pinned and repinned on Pinterest and a lot of people commented on it.  A lot of this was due to it being featured several times on some great blogs.  I love how much better our garage looks now and if my tips have helped others to tackle their garages then that makes it even better!

2.  Organizing Gift Wrap was popular too.  This is an area that overwhelms a lot of people and those gift bags and bows and sheets of wrap can easily get chaotic without an organized system.  Mine may not work for everyone but hopefully it helps you think of a strategy that will work for you.

3.  The Storage Shelves Makeover post was also viewed quite a bit this month.  Because these shelves are in our furnace room, we are not in there regularly, but each time I am, I smile at the huge improvement in how they are now compared to how they were before.


Highlights This Month:

1.  I started the From Overwhelmed To Organized Facebook page. 

2.  26 people like the Facebook page (plus a few organizations/blogs/companies that don't get included for some reason).  The exciting thing for me is that only a few of them are family and friends :) 

3.  I was featured 6 times in some of my favourite blogs!  I thought I may have to blog for months or maybe even years to ever get featured so it was a HUGE surprise and a real honour to be featured so soon.  If you want to check out those features, they are listed on the From Overwhelmed To Organized Facebook page.



Goals For Next Month:

1.  Start a From Overwhelmed To Organized Pinterest page.

2.  Write more consistently (my goal is 3 times per week).  That will depend partly on how much work my hubby gets (when he's home and can take care of the kiddos then I can organize more and write more!) as well as on how our summer goes (see the Organizing Our Summer post if you haven't read it yet for more on that).  I'm still trying to find the balance between organizing my house and writing about it!

3.  Incorporate more tips for readers to help you move from overwhelmed to organized too!


So that's my look back on the month of June.  It's been a GREAT month for the blog and I am so thankful that you have taken the time to read and comment on the posts! 


I've been working on some organizing projects that I will write about in the coming weeks.  There are still so many places in my house that I want to tackle so there's no shortage of material to write about :)


Happy Canada Day and happy organizing!





I link up at these great parties - Check them out!