October Family Goals Printable and October Blog Goals | From Overwhelmed to Organized: October Family Goals Printable and October Blog Goals

Monday, September 30, 2013

October Family Goals Printable and October Blog Goals




Can you believe it's October already?  These monthly check-in posts really put time in perspective for me and make me appreciate each month.  Because they fly by so quickly!

September was a busy month for me professionally because I was busy setting up my new Professional Organizer business.  I'm so excited to be able to help people get organized in person, in addition to all the organizing tips I share with all of you online!

October Family Goals printable 


Click this link to see how we use our monthly family goals sheet.  And stay tuned each month as I share a new printable so you can also set monthly goals in your family.

My kids have now started to think about goals for themselves each month.  It's great to see!  And near the end of the month they think about topics they'd like to discuss at our monthly family meeting.

We don't always achieve our goals, but we're doing better at them than we did before we started writing them down!



Love those candy corns for October! :)

With the school year in full swing, it's important to be intentional about how you want to spend your time as a family.  Setting and recording monthly goals is a great way to help you accomplish the things you want to!

I really hope this page helps you achieve your goals this month in your family!  


A Quick Look Back at September


If you've missed any posts last month, you can read all the September posts here.

Here are the highlights:

  • I reflected back on our summer
  • I wrapped up the Great Photo Purge Challenge {I love how much more space I have without all those photo albums and envelopes of loose photos!}
  • I shared tips for setting up a cleaning routine for kids, establishing a learning time for kids, cleaning lunch bags and other school gear, and organizing school supplies
  • I set up the blog on Bloglovin' so you can easily follow me there if you use it
  • I shared photos of my family {Yep!  No more backs of heads or blurry faces when my kids or hubby are in pictures on the blog!}


Last month, I set 3 goals.  I achieved 2 of them, and completed 1/2 of the 3rd, which is better than last month.

What's Coming Up In October On The Blog?


Here are my goals for October {actually it's only 1!}:
  1. Write every day as part of the 31 Days of Simple Decluttering series.  
Yep that's it!  It's a biggie though :)

My intention was to start writing some of this series in advance this year, but with all the business-building work I was doing in September it didn't happen.  So this will definitely be a day-to-day series throughout the month.  

I loved writing the 31 Days of Organizing Tips series last October and those posts are by far my most viewed.  And I'm even more excited about doing a series on simple decluttering tasks!  I hope it helps you declutter various spaces in your home!

So, what are your family, personal, or blog goals for October?  How are you getting organized for fall?

Happy organizing!


I link up at these great parties - Check them out!