31 Days of Easy Decluttering! | From Overwhelmed to Organized: 31 Days of Easy Decluttering!

Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Easy Decluttering!


31 days of Easy Decluttering | from overwhelmedtoorganized.blogspot.com


Welcome to 31 Days of Easy Decluttering!
 
Do you feel overwhelmed by clutter in your home?  Have you tried to declutter but become bogged down and frustrated?  If so, you're not alone!


One of the most overwhelming things in many of our homes is clutter.  It's hard to relax in a cluttered home.  It affects our stress levels and even our health.  And it's the one thing that makes it difficult to get (and stay) organized. 

I frequently share tips for decluttering your home on the blog, on Facebook, on Google+, and especially on Pinterest.   My Decluttering/Purging Tips & Ideas board is actually the board I pin to the most and it's my most followed board!

Follow From Overwhelmed To Organized's board Decluttering/Purging Tips & Ideas on Pinterest.
 
So this year I decided to devote my 31 Days Series to Decluttering.  But not just any decluttering... EASY decluttering.  

When people have lots of clutter, it's hard to know where to start decluttering.  And we can feel paralyzed.   So we don't even try to declutter.  Sound familiar?

In this series, I want to give you small decluttering challenges.  They should only take you about 10-15 minutes.  That's not overwhelming, right?!

If you've got extra time and want to do more than the daily challenge, you can find other ideas and tips on my Decluttering/Purging Tips& Ideas board.  Bonus points for you :)

Will you have a completely clutter-free home at the end of the 31 days?  Well... maybe not.  Unless you don't have very much clutter right now  :)

But through these easy decluttering tasks, you WILL see progress.  And you'll gain confidence in your ability to make decisions about your belongings.   Which will help you declutter other areas of your home!

You'll also learn lessons that will help prevent clutter from entering your home.  That will help your future efforts to live clutter free.

My hope is that at the end of this series you will feel less overwhelmed in your home :)  Sound good?

Great!  Here's what you can do:
  1. Subscribe by email or RSS to get daily updates from me.  That way you won't miss any of the daily challenges. There are links in the right sidebar!
  2. Each day, read the tips I share for de-cluttering a specific space in your home. 
  3. Take a before picture of the area you're tackling.  If you're feeling discouraged along the way, you can see what you've accomplished and be more motivated to continue.
  4. Spend 10-15 minutes completing the daily challenge.
  5. Take an after picture to show your accomplishment. At the end of the month you'll have fun looking back on all the progress you've made!
  6. Share pictures of your progress on each day's Facebook post! It's more fun to do challenges like this together with others.
  7. You can also pin your pictures using the hashtag #31DaysEasyDecluttering. I'll repin my favourites to my 31 Days of Easy Decluttering board!


At the end of the 31 days, I'll have a link party, where you can link up blog posts or pins showing off your decluttering efforts.  

So are you ready for 31 Days of Easy Decluttering?!  Here's to a less cluttered home!  I'm glad you've joined me!

Here are all the posts in the series.








Happy organizing decluttering!



I link up at these great parties - Check them out!